Monday, March 26, 2012

principal to proxy problem

I can successfully execute my package via Business Studio but when I schedule it in SQL Agent I get the error message, 'could not get proxy data for proxy id = 2.' I am trying to execute the scheduled job with that proxy (call it abcd_proxy) because I have a logon id (call it abcd) with access to a specific network drive folder, which holds a required source flat file. The abcd logon is defined as a sysadmin account. I am unable to see that the abcd logon id is an added principal within the abcd_proxy, which I think is because the abcd logon principal has a sysadmin role. My proxy id = 2 definition looks to be defined the same way that my first proxy id was.

Does anyone have an idea about what the message means and how I can fix it?

I had to create a proxy recently to have an SSIS package write a file to a network folder. I am by no means an expert on the subject, but here is what I had to do.

I had to first create a windows account with the right credentials. I then created a credential, a proxy for the credential, and of course set the "Run As" parameter for the step to the proxy. I made sure that the new account was added as a sysadmin in SQL Server, added the account to the "Users" group on the server, as well as to the Logon as batch security policy. When I still had problems with the package being able to read a file it was related to the credentials of the account, which I had the network admin fix. Everything now runs fine.

I apologize if I have stated the obvious to you, but just wanted to share with you all the steps I had to take to perform a task very similar to what you are trying to do. Of course, I had to also use an "absolute" network path and not a mapped drive letter.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment