Friday, March 30, 2012

Print Multiple Documents with VS2005 Local Report

Hello all.
I have a document (that could be for example an invoice) that was done with
VS2005 Local Report. This document is exported to PDF in the application
(with response.OutputStream.Write).
Now I want to be able to print multiple documents (for example invoices), by
generating a PDF with all the documents selected by the user.
I can generate as many local reports as i want to with the desired data. But
how can i export them to a single PDF file?
I will appreciate any comments.I am trying to do this also -- except printing, does anyone have any
suggestions? I can call the report over and over again, but then I get a
print dialog for each iteration of the report.
Thanks!
"Orlando" wrote:
> Hello all.
> I have a document (that could be for example an invoice) that was done with
> VS2005 Local Report. This document is exported to PDF in the application
> (with response.OutputStream.Write).
> Now I want to be able to print multiple documents (for example invoices), by
> generating a PDF with all the documents selected by the user.
> I can generate as many local reports as i want to with the desired data. But
> how can i export them to a single PDF file?
> I will appreciate any comments.|||Just to say that I solved this problem by redesigning my local reports to
support multiple documents.
I couldn't find another way to do this.
"Joel" wrote:
> I am trying to do this also -- except printing, does anyone have any
> suggestions? I can call the report over and over again, but then I get a
> print dialog for each iteration of the report.
> Thanks!
> "Orlando" wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I have a document (that could be for example an invoice) that was done with
> > VS2005 Local Report. This document is exported to PDF in the application
> > (with response.OutputStream.Write).
> >
> > Now I want to be able to print multiple documents (for example invoices), by
> > generating a PDF with all the documents selected by the user.
> >
> > I can generate as many local reports as i want to with the desired data. But
> > how can i export them to a single PDF file?
> >
> > I will appreciate any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment