Wednesday, March 28, 2012

print / export SSRS report from t-sql

Greetings,

I have a report that I would like to execute (export to PDF) from t-sql. I can view it interactively from the SSRS website; I can view it from my asp.net application; I can also create the PDF programmatically from the asp.net front-end, but I need to run a batch type query from a stored proc with a report(PDF) as the output...

For example, I want to create and send out a PDF based on a trigger....

How do I do this from t-sql?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dan

Web Service calls are only hard to implement in TSQL, close to say that this is not possible. Would could be done is to write an application and execute this application on a trigger base with passing the needed parameters to it..BUT..Keep in mind that triggers behave synchronously, which means that the execution and the lock will be hold until the processing of the trigger is finished. So you have to be careful if you really want to do this on a trigger base rather than starting a job e.g. every minute.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||

Thanks Jens -- I think I'll just fall back to using the front end application to initiate it. Maybe MS will help out in the future....

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment