Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Print each tables in new page Options

Hi All,

I have a report which has four tables in it. But I have only one
Dataset. Since this dataset has more then 30 fields, I have divided
this into four tables to be shown in a report. This will help the user
to take print of the report and place each print out side by side for
view.

Showing each table in a new page is just fine. It works. But when we
take print out some times rows of second table are printed in same
page that shows rows of first table.

With this user can not put each print out side by side for view.

Is there any way to set option like print each table in new page? I
mean to say after printing first table, second table print should
start at new page.

Thanks in advance.

This is actually pretty easy (if it is what I think it is). I did this the other day with the same amount of data you are dealing with. Just get to the table's property pop-up menu and under the "General" tab click the check box next to "Insert a page break after this table". That should do the job for you. But I would suggest putting the tables directly under each other if you have manually spaced them out onto each page. This way you won't have awkward whitespace at the beginning of each page. Let me know if this helps you.|||

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention one point. I have set visibility property on tables. Will this visibilty property affects how pages are printed?

Regards,

|||Yes, the visibility will most likely affect your formatting. I'm assuming you're using the dynamic visibility function for each table, as opposed to just a child object of the table. In this case it is harder to give you a solution. The reason is because SSRS 2005 is not capable of dynamic table relocation. If you could give me more specifics about which objects are dynamically visible then I might be able to offer a solution to your problem.|||

The whole table visibility is set through expression based on user input.

The report has large number of fields to be shown. If user selects Print format then these four tables will be shown to user to and user can take print out of the same. If user selects export format then all fields will be shown in one table and the above mentioned 4 tables will be hidden.

But report is shown properly. All four tables are shown in new page if user selects Print option. Page break is OK. While printing, report is printed continuously. No Page breaks while printing.

Is there anyother approach to this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment