Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Print control stops working

I have a few reports that suddenly stopped printing.

Nothing changed on the report server, and one minute they could print, the other they couldn't

I have one report that is 4 pages in preview and six when it prints. The users press the print control on the web page and the print dialog comes up, they select a printer and the printing messagebox comes up. Then it will print a couple of pages VERY SLOWLY... and eventually will hang at the 3rd page.

IT appears it is just spooling in the printer control viewer...

Other similiar reports that use the same query but a different parameter, work just fine.

I have rebuilt and redployed the report. The problem is happening on both my live and test environments.

I have looked through this forum but not found an answer. I did delete and re-isntall the client print control.

I have turned the client logging on. But no errrors show up anywhere.

I am running ssrs 2005 on both machines. test machine has win2003 sp1 , sql 2005 sp2 AND hotfix's

live machine has win2003 and sql 2000 latest sp.

I need help!

TIA

Daryl

bump|||

Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening?

I have seen this problem posed as different quesitons all over the place, but, no answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment